Seven Advantages of Alternative Medicine
There are so many advantages of alternative medicine over modern medicine, that I want to spend a few moments looking at possible reasons why these are kept so well hidden, at least from the public eye.
If you were to listen to the media of the so called ‘free’ (western) world, you could be forgiven in thinking that there is no scientific evidence for, let alone advantages of alternative medicine. You would be convinced that modern medicine was the way to go.
But, according to Reporters Without Borders (for press freedom), the so called ‘free’ world doesn’t have free press. Britain only rates 23rd, Australia ranks lower at 28th and America trails at a miserable 36th for the 2008 figures.
So can you believe all you read?
Reporters Without Borders say “It is not economic prosperity, but peace that guarantees press freedom.”
So economic prosperity actually makes us less free. How? Well, one example is if a prosperous company spends millions of dollars advertising in say, a newspaper, the editors are going to be very reluctant to print anything controversial about said company.
Next time you open your newspaper or switch on a radio or TV channel with advertising, check out the biggest advertisers.
That may give you some idea why alternative medicine is not as popular as one would expect from the documented results.
There’s a saying that all truth goes through three phases.
1. It is ridiculed.
2. It is violently opposed.
3. It is accepted as being self evident.
Judging by the media publications in 2008 at least in some parts of Europe, I think the west has now advanced to stage two!
So lets look at some of the advantages of alternative medicine. As my expertise lies with homoeopathy, I’m going to be focusing on this, but some of the reasons will apply to other alternative therapies too.
1. There are no side effects. This is because alternative medicine works WITH the body, not in suppressing symptoms, as modern medicine does.
2. Medicines are cost effective. This means they are generally affordable by even the most financially compromised families.
3. Alternative medicines are generally ‘green’. By that I mean that they use natural substances processed simply. No high tech manufacturing processes which use hazardous and polluting chemicals or carbon polluting energy.
4. Substances or ingredients of ‘complexes’ are readily available, so you can even grow some of your own medicines, allowing you to keep control of the whole process. No secrecy or patents here!
5. Alternative medicines don’t just heal ailments. In the process, they allow for growth. In homoeopathy we see children putting on a growth spurt after they recover from a naturally treated disease. This doesn’t happen with a medically treated disease. Rather, it appears to hold the child back.
6. Alternative medicine recognizes the true nature of disease and sickness. That it is necessary for a growing child to experience as only this experience allows the immune system to develop into a healthy one by adulthood. It’s a bit like learning to ride a bicycle. You need to practice before you can ride properly.
7. Alternative medicine recognizes that physical symptoms only develop when you ignore the mental and emotional signs and symptoms. Which allows you the freedom to deal with these problems as they arise, and so never develop physical symptoms.
When you can fully grasp the advantages of alternative medicine, it truly blows your socks off. No longer are you kept in a state of fear by what might happen. Instead, you know your healthy immune system will work well for you, and that when it struggles, you will know.
No more scare mongering of impending pandemics for you! Because you are now in control of your life and your health, and as you are fully aware of the advantages of alternative medicine, you can be at peace with the world.